Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- Credit: Supplied
A family has paid tribute to the mum-of-four who died during a fire in Thaxted.
Josephine Coe, who was known as Josie, died during a house fire in Weaverhead Close on Saturday, November 27.
Josie has been described as a "much-loved" and well-known character who spent most of her life in the town.
Danielle, Josie's great-granddaughter, said: "We loved our mum, grandma, great-grandma and great-great-grandma and we are still processing all the emotions.
"Saturday was an awful day for our family and we are deeply upset by the tragedy."
She added: "I would also like to say a big thank you to the community for their fast response, and to the firefighters, paramedics and police who really did the best they could.
"I know they all found the experience really difficult, too."
- 1 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 2 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 5 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 6 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham
- 9 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 10 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'
A fire service investigation found that the blaze had started accidentally.