Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- Credit: Supplied
A family has paid tribute to the mum-of-four who died during a fire in Thaxted.
Josephine Coe, who was known as Josie, died during a house fire in Weaverhead Close on Saturday, November 27.
Josie has been described as a "much-loved" and well-known character who spent most of her life in the town.
Danielle, Josie's great-granddaughter, said: "We loved our mum, grandma, great-grandma and great-great-grandma and we are still processing all the emotions.
"Saturday was an awful day for our family and we are deeply upset by the tragedy."
She added: "I would also like to say a big thank you to the community for their fast response, and to the firefighters, paramedics and police who really did the best they could.
"I know they all found the experience really difficult, too."
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 Junior Fencer from Saffron Walden wins silver at England Championship
- 3 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 6 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 7 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 8 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 9 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 10 Harmer's career-best haul helps Essex stun Hampshire
A fire service investigation found that the blaze had started accidentally.