Fatal collision on A14
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision on the A14.
The driver of a green Vauxhall Astra, an 80-year-old man from St Neots, died following the collision with a lorry and a BMW on the slip road between the M11 and A14 at the Cloverleaf interchange at 10.18am today (Tuesday). All three vehicles had been travelling westbound at the time of the collision.
The driver of the BMW was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment to minor injuries. The lorry driver was not injured.
The road was closed off until 2.26pm while investigations were carried out.
Sergeant Liz Groom, investigating, said: “I would urge anyone who saw the collision or any of the vehicles prior to it to contact police.”
Anyone with any information should call the Roads Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 3 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 4 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 5 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 6 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 9 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 10 Q&A: Alan Hawkes of Rotary in Saffron Walden