Fatal collision on A14
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision on the A14.
The driver of a green Vauxhall Astra, an 80-year-old man from St Neots, died following the collision with a lorry and a BMW on the slip road between the M11 and A14 at the Cloverleaf interchange at 10.18am today (Tuesday). All three vehicles had been travelling westbound at the time of the collision.
The driver of the BMW was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment to minor injuries. The lorry driver was not injured.
The road was closed off until 2.26pm while investigations were carried out.
Sergeant Liz Groom, investigating, said: “I would urge anyone who saw the collision or any of the vehicles prior to it to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call the Roads Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 4 Town council backs new support club
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list