Fatal collision on A14
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision on the A14.
The driver of a green Vauxhall Astra, an 80-year-old man from St Neots, died following the collision with a lorry and a BMW on the slip road between the M11 and A14 at the Cloverleaf interchange at 10.18am today (Tuesday). All three vehicles had been travelling westbound at the time of the collision.
The driver of the BMW was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment to minor injuries. The lorry driver was not injured.
The road was closed off until 2.26pm while investigations were carried out.
Sergeant Liz Groom, investigating, said: “I would urge anyone who saw the collision or any of the vehicles prior to it to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call the Roads Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park