Fatal collision on A14
POLICE are appealing for witnesses following a fatal collision on the A14.
The driver of a green Vauxhall Astra, an 80-year-old man from St Neots, died following the collision with a lorry and a BMW on the slip road between the M11 and A14 at the Cloverleaf interchange at 10.18am today (Tuesday). All three vehicles had been travelling westbound at the time of the collision.
The driver of the BMW was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital for treatment to minor injuries. The lorry driver was not injured.
The road was closed off until 2.26pm while investigations were carried out.
Sergeant Liz Groom, investigating, said: “I would urge anyone who saw the collision or any of the vehicles prior to it to contact police.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with any information should call the Roads Policing Unit on 101.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending