Fatal stabbing of father and daughter was an accident
A FATHER and daughter found with fatal stabs wounds at their home in Sible Hedingham last year died as a result of an accident, an inquest has recorded.
Costas Pierides, 48, and his daughter Margaret, 16, were discovered at an address in the Prayors Hill area just before 10am on Saturday, September 11, 2010.
Mr Pierides died at the scene and his daughter, who had a history of drug taking, was airlifted to hospital but later died of her injuries. A post-mortem revealed both died from severe blood loss as a result of their stab wounds.
Caroline Beasley-Murrary, HM Coroner for Essex and Thurrock recorded the verdict at an inquest held at County Hall, Chelmsford on Friday, July 1, 2011.
DCI Godfrey O’Toole from Essex Police said: “It is evident from the investigation that followed the tragic deaths of Costas and Margaret Pierides, that the Pierides family were as devoted and caring for each other as any family could be.
You may also want to watch:
“Although the relationship between Costas and Margaret may have been strained at times and difficult decisions had to be made, Costas remained a devoted and loving father to his daughter. I have no doubt that deep down Margaret felt the same way about her father and the rest of her family.
“With the inquest now concluded it is the sincere wishes of myself and those of the investigation team that the family can now move forward keeping those fond memories of Costas and Margaret in their hearts.”
- 1 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 2 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 3 Walden spruced up ahead of lockdown easing
- 4 Consultation launched ahead of Golden Acre Play Area upgrade
- 5 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 6 Residents and business owners celebrate April 12 reopenings
- 7 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 8 Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company announces musicals
- 9 Homes plan could join Saffron Walden and Sewards End
- 10 Several trees cut down without permission from Saffron Walden garden
On behalf of the family Bernadette Bass, partner of Costas and mother of Margaret, said: “Costas and Margaret had a close and loving relationship. Today’s verdict has proved this and highlighted the dangerous and tragic consequences that drugs can bring on any family.
“The family is content with the outcome of the inquest.
“Costas and Margaret will forever be in our minds and hearts. Now the inquest has closed we would like to carry on with our lives as best as we can.”
Pic – Accidental death: Costas and Margaret Pierides