Felsted’s Easter holiday camps are roaring success
FINDING things to do over the Easter holidays can be difficult, so Felsted School hosted a camps for hundreds of children.
Felsted School welcomed nearly 200 children, aged four to 16, during the school holidays with an range of camps, including cricket, swimming, musical theatre and dance.
Children from all over the county attended, from schools such as Holmwood House, King Edward Grammar School, Widford Lodge and Dame Bradburys, and from further afield such as Old Buckenham Hall and Barnadiston in Suffolk, and Harrow in Middlesex.
Over 100 children attended the two day cricket camps, led by director of sport, Charlie Knightley and coached by Jason Gallian, director of cricket and an ex England and Essex player. Some were lucky enough to attend dedicated master class sessions with Gallian, which included a one hour batting and bowling clinic.
The swimming clinic was a huge success with sessions for complete beginners through to improvers and those wanting to learn to dive.
You may also want to watch:
Much theatrical fun was had during the musical theatre, dance and drama camp, run by Erin Simpson, with a final show held on the last day of camp in Felsted’s own Hunt Theatre. The show included some impressive improvisation pieces along with some fun, remix dance and singing performances.
Felsted will also be hosting camps throughout the summer holidays, further details of which can be found on its website felsted.org/courses or by calling the courses office on 01371 822634.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 6 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 7 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 8 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision