Festive waste collection changes in Uttlesford
THERE are some minor changes to recycling and waste collection dates over the festive period. There are no changes to collections on Monday 21 or Tuesday 22 December, but on Wednesday and Christmas Eve, only black bins will be collected. People whose rubb
THERE are some minor changes to recycling and waste collection dates over the festive period.
There are no changes to collections on Monday 21 or Tuesday 22 December, but on Wednesday and Christmas Eve, only black bins will be collected.
People whose rubbish would normally have been collected on Friday (Christmas Day) should leave their black bin only out for collection on Wednesday 23. If it is not collected on the Wednesday, please leave it out and it will be picked up on Thursday.
On Monday 28 and Tuesday 29, only green bins will be collected. On Wednesday 30 and Thursday 31, both green and brown bins will be collected.
There will be no collections on Friday 1 January 2010 - if this would be your normal collection day, please leave your green and brown bins out on the morning of Saturday January 2.
Please ensure your refuse and recycling is available for collection from 7am.
- 1 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 3 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 4 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
- 8 Person has died on railway tracks near Newport, say police
- 9 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
- 10 Advent begins in Saffron Walden on Sunday
The new 2010 recycling calendar is also now available online, at www.uttlesford.gov.uk/recycling.
Uttlesford District Council's waste and recycling team thank you for accommodating the changes over the festive period and wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.