Festive waste collection changes in Uttlesford
THERE are some minor changes to recycling and waste collection dates over the festive period. There are no changes to collections on Monday 21 or Tuesday 22 December, but on Wednesday and Christmas Eve, only black bins will be collected. People whose rubb
THERE are some minor changes to recycling and waste collection dates over the festive period.
There are no changes to collections on Monday 21 or Tuesday 22 December, but on Wednesday and Christmas Eve, only black bins will be collected.
People whose rubbish would normally have been collected on Friday (Christmas Day) should leave their black bin only out for collection on Wednesday 23. If it is not collected on the Wednesday, please leave it out and it will be picked up on Thursday.
On Monday 28 and Tuesday 29, only green bins will be collected. On Wednesday 30 and Thursday 31, both green and brown bins will be collected.
You may also want to watch:
There will be no collections on Friday 1 January 2010 - if this would be your normal collection day, please leave your green and brown bins out on the morning of Saturday January 2.
Please ensure your refuse and recycling is available for collection from 7am.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 9 Saffron Walden artist designs George Orwell book covers
- 10 Auction stations - former telephone exchange is up for grabs
The new 2010 recycling calendar is also now available online, at www.uttlesford.gov.uk/recycling.
Uttlesford District Council's waste and recycling team thank you for accommodating the changes over the festive period and wish you all a merry Christmas and a happy New Year.