Fifteen drivers arrested during Christmas drink drive campaign
MORE than 2,000 motorists have been stopped and 15 drivers have been arrested for being over the limit one week into the Christmas drink drive campaign.
Cambridgeshire Police officers have arrested 15 drivers for either excess alcohol or being unfit through drink or drugs.
The campaign, which is running from December 1 until January 1, is warning drivers to think of the consequences of drink driving over the Christmas period.
Traffic officers will be out in force conducting daily patrols across the county to clampdown on anyone caught over the limit.
PC Steve Gedny said: “We’re only a week into this campaign and the arrest figures are disappointing, the message is simple if you drink and drive you will be caught.
You may also want to watch:
“We want this festive season to be a happy time for everyone, don’t put others at risk by getting behind the wheel if you have had a drink, think of the potential consequences to yourself and others.
“The maximum penalty for drink driving is a six month prison sentence, �5,000 fine and a driving ban of up to 12 months. Is it really worth the risk?”
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 8 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir