Figure skater to light up North Pole Experience at Christmas ice rink
A FIGURE skater has been invited to perform on the opening night of one of the “most stylish” Christmas ice rinks in the UK.
The ‘North Pole Experience’ is a 6,500 sq ft ice rink on Parkers Piece, Cambridge, which is set to entertain revellers over the festive season.
And County High School student Maddy Raven will be part of a VIP opening night on November 18. The 14-year-old, who trains five times a week and has amassed quite a collection of trophies and medals since taking up figure skating five years ago, said she is “very excited” at the prospect.
The North Pole Experience will provide “traditional ice skating in a beautiful parkland setting” during its run, which is open to the public from November 19 to January 7.
As well as the ice rink, operator Ice Box Entertainments promises a decked terrace for spectators and a caf�-bar where friends and family can enjoy hot chocolate and mulled wine.
You may also want to watch:
It is also planning a programme of events including local choirs singing traditional Christmas songs, acoustic acts and DJs and live ice carving displays.
The North Pole Experience will be open 10am-9pm Sunday to Wednesday, and 10am-10pm Thursday to Saturday.
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 8 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 9 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures
- 10 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
Tickets are available at northpolecambridge.co.uk.