Film and TV star Ray Winstone takes a flight in a P-51 Mustang at Imperial War Museum Duxford
ACTOR Ray Winstone has paid a visit to The Fighter Collection at Imperial War Museum Duxford ahead of one the world’s laregest warbird air shows.
The film and TV star visited the facility yesterday (Tuesday) to absorb the atmosphere prior to Flying Legends which will be held this Saturday and Sunday (July 9&10).
Flying Legends features classic Second World War-era propeller-driven aircraft in an amazing aerial display.
A keen historic aviation fan, and a particular fan of second world war aircraft, Mr Winstone enjoyed a flight in a P-51 Mustang which was piloted by Steve Hinton, a Reno Air Race Champion. This was accompanied by two other P-51 Mustangs, one flown by Stevo Hinton (Steve Hinton’s son) who is the youngest ever Reno Air Race Champion.
With only days to go until Flying Legends, The Fighter Collection and Imperial War Museum Duxford are delighted to announce that over 55 aircraft will be participating in this year’s warbird spectacular, with three second world war Hispano HA_1112 MIL (Buchon), a debut by the Aer Lingus DH-84 Dragon Iolar, a rare air show appearance of three Skyraiders, The Horsemen, the world’s only P-51 Mustang formation aerobatic team, displaying as a two-ship with pilots Dan Friedkin and Ed Shipley showcasing the aircraft that made America great, and The Flying Bulls’ Lockheed P-38 Lightning reg.N25Y and Chance Vought F4U-4 Corsair reg.OE-EAS.
You may also want to watch:
On the ground there will be fun activities and a 1940s atmosphere with dancing, music and living history groups.
For further information go to iwm.org.uk/duxford
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 10 Town council backs new support club