Fire breaks out in flat on Saffron Walden high street

PUBLISHED: 09:22 10 June 2013 | UPDATED: 09:22 10 June 2013

Fire

Fire

Archant

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze at a flat in Saffron Walden high street yesterday (Sunday).

Two crews attended The Maltings after a fire broke out in an airing cupboard at around 6.35pm.

Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used one hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.

A spokesman for Essex Fire & Rescue said: “The fire was extinguished by 7.05pm. Crews ventilated the property free of smoke using a high pressured fan. A thermal image camera was used to check for any remaining hot spots.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Saffron Walden Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Saffron Walden Reporter