Fire in girls' changing room

PUBLISHED: 16:51 15 January 2010 | UPDATED: 22:07 31 May 2010

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in the girls changing room at Saffron Walden County High School just after 3pm today (Friday). The fire has now been extinguished and a large fan, known as a positive pressure ventilation fan, is being used to clear sm

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a blaze in the girls' changing room at Saffron Walden County High School just after 3pm today (Friday).

The fire has now been extinguished and a large fan, known as a positive pressure ventilation fan, is being used to clear smoke from the building.

Two fire crews from Saffron Walden and one from Thaxted attended the incident. Firefighters used two sets of breathing apparatus and one dry powder extinguisher to tackle the blaze.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Saffron Walden Reporter. Click the link in the orange box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Saffron Walden Reporter