Firefighters extinguished Uttlesford shop window fire

ELY-Fire-Engine-0040

- Credit: Archant

A shop window caught alight in a village near Dunmow yesterday afternoon (Wednesday).

Fire crews from Great Dunmow and Braintree were called to a shop in High Street, Great Bardfield, at 1.20pm after a wooden window frame at the front of the building caught alight.

The fire was extinguished by 2pm and a thermal image camera was used to check for remaining hotspots.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter