Firefighters free two people trapped after car ends up on its roof
- Credit: Archant
Two people were left trapped after a car flipped onto its roof following a crash in Newport this morning (Tuesday).
Firefighters were called to the incident, on Wicken Road, at about 8.50am. Two crews, one from Newport and another from Saffron Walden, used cutting equipment to release the two people by 9.36am.
A woman was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with potential spinal injuries.
David Price, emergency care practitioner for the East of England Ambulance Service, said: “The woman was trapped by her seatbelt and she had suffered potential spinal injuries - she was awake throughout but obviously anxious.
“It proved a difficult extraction as we placed her on a spinal board and used a neck collar to protect her spine.”
Two rapid response vehicles and an ambulance were dispatched to the scene.
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 4 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 5 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 6 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 7 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 8 Essex drink driving figures revealed as police launch Christmas crackdown
- 9 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 10 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market