Firefighters rescue Essex schoolboy trapped behind radiator

PUBLISHED: 17:57 23 November 2015 | UPDATED: 17:57 23 November 2015

One crew from Stansted attended the incident at Manuden Primary School

One crew from Stansted attended the incident at Manuden Primary School

Archant

Firefighters were called to Manuden Primary School on Friday (November 20) after a boy got his elbow stuck behind a radiator.

One crew from Stansted attended the incident at 9.14am, and managed to free the trapped pupil by 9.30am.

Officers loosened the radiator in order to create more space to free the boy, who was left with a swollen elbow.

The young pupil was not taken to hospital and remained in the care of teachers following the incident.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Saffron Walden Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Saffron Walden Reporter