Firefighters tackle blaze at Essex house
FIREFIGHTERS were last night (Tuesday) tackling a blaze at a house in Ashdon.
Four firecrews were fighting the fire at the house in Guildhall Way. The first two firecrews were called to the scene at just after 9.30pm when the alarm was raised by a passer-by who saw smoke pouring from the property.
The ground floor kitchen and lounge area of the two-storey house was well-alight when the first fire crews arrived on the scene and the blaze had spread to the first floor.
Two firecrews from Saffron Walden, one from Thaxted and one from Linton, Cambridgeshire, were at the scene.
Police were also on hand to control traffic and the ambulance service in attendance though no casualties were reported and everyone had been accounted for.
You may also want to watch:
A joint investigation by the police and fire service will be carried to establish the cause of the fire.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 4 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 5 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 Rural ramblers efforts for Helen Rollason Cancer Charity
- 8 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 9 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches