Firefighters tackle blaze at Essex house
FIREFIGHTERS were last night (Tuesday) tackling a blaze at a house in Ashdon.
Four firecrews were fighting the fire at the house in Guildhall Way. The first two firecrews were called to the scene at just after 9.30pm when the alarm was raised by a passer-by who saw smoke pouring from the property.
The ground floor kitchen and lounge area of the two-storey house was well-alight when the first fire crews arrived on the scene and the blaze had spread to the first floor.
Two firecrews from Saffron Walden, one from Thaxted and one from Linton, Cambridgeshire, were at the scene.
Police were also on hand to control traffic and the ambulance service in attendance though no casualties were reported and everyone had been accounted for.
You may also want to watch:
A joint investigation by the police and fire service will be carried to establish the cause of the fire.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 4 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 5 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 8 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 9 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 10 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton