Firefighters tackle blaze at Essex house
FIREFIGHTERS were last night (Tuesday) tackling a blaze at a house in Ashdon.
Four firecrews were fighting the fire at the house in Guildhall Way. The first two firecrews were called to the scene at just after 9.30pm when the alarm was raised by a passer-by who saw smoke pouring from the property.
The ground floor kitchen and lounge area of the two-storey house was well-alight when the first fire crews arrived on the scene and the blaze had spread to the first floor.
Two firecrews from Saffron Walden, one from Thaxted and one from Linton, Cambridgeshire, were at the scene.
Police were also on hand to control traffic and the ambulance service in attendance though no casualties were reported and everyone had been accounted for.
You may also want to watch:
A joint investigation by the police and fire service will be carried to establish the cause of the fire.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council