Firefighters tackle blaze at Essex house
FIREFIGHTERS were last night (Tuesday) tackling a blaze at a house in Ashdon.
Four firecrews were fighting the fire at the house in Guildhall Way. The first two firecrews were called to the scene at just after 9.30pm when the alarm was raised by a passer-by who saw smoke pouring from the property.
The ground floor kitchen and lounge area of the two-storey house was well-alight when the first fire crews arrived on the scene and the blaze had spread to the first floor.
Two firecrews from Saffron Walden, one from Thaxted and one from Linton, Cambridgeshire, were at the scene.
Police were also on hand to control traffic and the ambulance service in attendance though no casualties were reported and everyone had been accounted for.
You may also want to watch:
A joint investigation by the police and fire service will be carried to establish the cause of the fire.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 6 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays