Firefighters tackle blaze at Essex house
FIREFIGHTERS were last night (Tuesday) tackling a blaze at a house in Ashdon.
Four firecrews were fighting the fire at the house in Guildhall Way. The first two firecrews were called to the scene at just after 9.30pm when the alarm was raised by a passer-by who saw smoke pouring from the property.
The ground floor kitchen and lounge area of the two-storey house was well-alight when the first fire crews arrived on the scene and the blaze had spread to the first floor.
Two firecrews from Saffron Walden, one from Thaxted and one from Linton, Cambridgeshire, were at the scene.
Police were also on hand to control traffic and the ambulance service in attendance though no casualties were reported and everyone had been accounted for.
A joint investigation by the police and fire service will be carried to establish the cause of the fire.
- 1 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 2 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 3 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 4 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Fire and ambulance crews rescue after serious M11 crash
- 7 Walden author unveils third book, with a touching dedication
- 8 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 9 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 10 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end