Firefighters tackle pick-up truck fire
FIREFIGHTERS were called to Ross Close this afternoon (June 1) to tackle a vehicle fire.
Two crews from Saffron Walden attended the scene on the corner of Ross Close and Cromwell Road around 1.30pm. Firefighters reported that a pick-up truck was completely alight.
Wearing breathing apparatus and using one main jet and two hose reel jets, crews extinguished the fire by 2pm.
The road was briefly cordoned off while the fire was brought under control.
Incident commander Paul Curtis said he believed the blaze had been triggered by a mechanical fault in the pick-up truck.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitnesses at nearby Katherine Semar Junior School had reported seeing a large volume of smoke billowing skyward prior to the firefighters’ arrival.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 5 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites