Firefighters tackle pick-up truck fire
FIREFIGHTERS were called to Ross Close this afternoon (June 1) to tackle a vehicle fire.
Two crews from Saffron Walden attended the scene on the corner of Ross Close and Cromwell Road around 1.30pm. Firefighters reported that a pick-up truck was completely alight.
Wearing breathing apparatus and using one main jet and two hose reel jets, crews extinguished the fire by 2pm.
The road was briefly cordoned off while the fire was brought under control.
Incident commander Paul Curtis said he believed the blaze had been triggered by a mechanical fault in the pick-up truck.
You may also want to watch:
Eyewitnesses at nearby Katherine Semar Junior School had reported seeing a large volume of smoke billowing skyward prior to the firefighters’ arrival.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Stations benefit from funding
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 7 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 10 Surgeon wins top award for hip research