FIREWORKS: A flash display in Saffron Walden, Essex
A FIREWORK display with enough flashes and sparkles to fill the night sky is coming to Saffron Walden Common on Saturday. This year the Saffron Walden Round Table (SWRT) have set themselves the challenge of putting on the best free display in the area. A
A FIREWORK display with enough flashes and sparkles to fill the night sky is coming to Saffron Walden Common on Saturday.
This year the Saffron Walden Round Table (SWRT) have set themselves the challenge of putting on the best free display in the area.
A fun-packed evening of family entertainment is planned with a heady mix of music, food, fairground rides and fireworks.
Chairman of the SWRT, Jason Thomson, said that they everyone was determined to put on a memorable display, no matter what the weather throws at them.
You may also want to watch:
"This year is no exception and I know the organising team directed by Ian Warner have been working hard behind the scenes over the past weeks to bring you another special night of entertainment for the family and we look forward to seeing you on the Common from 6pm," he said.
"Remember it's a free event and all we ask is that you show your appreciation by making a donation in one of the many buckets being carried around by a Tabler or a volunteer at the event."
- 1 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 2 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 3 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 4 Delight as triathlon returns to Saffron Walden for 20th edition
- 5 Mencap 'thank you' for Dig It community allotment
- 6 Eco Market celebrates Essex's eco businesses on Great Big Green Week
- 7 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 8 New cup and pavilion are dedicated to memory of Colin Bazley
- 9 Cambridge Music Festival returns with 30th anniversary programme of concerts and online offerings
- 10 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
Any profits made from the firework and bonfire night will be ploughed back into the community to support many charities and organisations.
Glow sticks and other items will be on sale throughout the evening and the Round Table ask that they are purchased only from an official volunteer to ensure than all proceeds go to good causes.
Programme of events
6pm - Gates open and families can enjoy the fun fair, listen to live music and buy food and various glowing products.
7pm - The firework display begins!
7.30pm - The bonfire fire is lit and music is played.
8pm - The proceedings come to a close, so make sure you have donated generously.