FIREWORKS: Helpful Tips On Staying Safe This Bonfire Night
IT S THE time of year when the skies are lit up by fireworks and a number of people will be heading outside to hold their own Bonfire Night celebrations.If you are planning to do so, there are a number of safety tips that you should bare in mind to make
IT'S THE time of year when the skies are lit up by fireworks and a number of people will be heading outside to hold their own Bonfire Night celebrations.
If you are planning to do so, there are a number of safety tips that you should bare in mind to make your November 5 as safe as possible:
* It is an offence to set off fireworks in a public place.
* Fireworks can cause damage or even serious injury if they are used incorrectly.
You may also want to watch:
* You have to be 16 or over to buy novelty fireworks, such as sparklers, caps and serpents and 18 or over to buy all other types of fireworks.
* Always keep fireworks in a closed box.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 8 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 9 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
* Follow the instructions on each firework carefully.
* Always stand well back.
* Make sure all pets are kept in doors.
* Never give sparklers to children under the age of five.
* Never put fireworks in your pocket.
* Never throw a firework.
* It is an offence to let fireworks off between 11pm and 7am, except on November 5, Diwali, New Year's Eve and Chinese New Year when the curfew is midnight.
* An organised display is always the safest way to enjoy fireworks - check out our website for a list of displays in the area.