FIREWORKS: Helpful Tips On Staying Safe This Bonfire Night
IT S THE time of year when the skies are lit up by fireworks and a number of people will be heading outside to hold their own Bonfire Night celebrations.If you are planning to do so, there are a number of safety tips that you should bare in mind to make
IT'S THE time of year when the skies are lit up by fireworks and a number of people will be heading outside to hold their own Bonfire Night celebrations.
If you are planning to do so, there are a number of safety tips that you should bare in mind to make your November 5 as safe as possible:
* It is an offence to set off fireworks in a public place.
* Fireworks can cause damage or even serious injury if they are used incorrectly.
You may also want to watch:
* You have to be 16 or over to buy novelty fireworks, such as sparklers, caps and serpents and 18 or over to buy all other types of fireworks.
* Always keep fireworks in a closed box.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 3 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 4 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 5 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 6 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 7 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 8 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 9 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 10 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
* Follow the instructions on each firework carefully.
* Always stand well back.
* Make sure all pets are kept in doors.
* Never give sparklers to children under the age of five.
* Never put fireworks in your pocket.
* Never throw a firework.
* It is an offence to let fireworks off between 11pm and 7am, except on November 5, Diwali, New Year's Eve and Chinese New Year when the curfew is midnight.
* An organised display is always the safest way to enjoy fireworks - check out our website for a list of displays in the area.