First Saffron Walden business fair kicks off
- Credit: Archant
A wide range of companies will be showcasing their wares in the first Saffron Walden Business Exposition.
The town hall will be a buzz of business opportunity on Friday and Saturday (February 12-13) as firms take part in the inaugural event, run by the Saffron Walden BNI group.
The event, which is being sponsored by Laura Ashley and DSI Kitchens and Bathrooms, is not just for companies to create new contacts with businessmen, but for members of the public to get to see what the town has to offer.
There are a range of seminars on business development and marketing taking place on both days. Robin Stretton, BNI senior director consultant for Essex, will speak both days on the benefits of the BNI group and how it can boost your business.
Also speaking on both days is Leonardo Wood, of LGX Marketing. He will deliver a seminar on I-marketing and how to get more customers using websites, Google and social media. Both talks start at 1.30pm.
On the Friday, Hywel Barrett, Content Editor at the Saffron Walden Reporter, which is supporting the event, will speak at 3pm about how businesses can get their news in the paper.
Howard Karloff, a facilitator from Purple Monster, will deliver a take entitled Emotionally Enjoying Events at 2.30pm on Saturday.
- 1 Essex A-level results 2022: Students celebrate grades
- 2 Essex fire crews tackle around 70 incidents in three-hour window after rain
- 3 Celebrity MasterChef 2022: Saffron Walden's Cliff Parisi battles Chris Eubank in kitchen contest
- 4 Newport man vows to protect river after round the world sailing trip
- 5 Recap: Tree on the tracks disrupts London, Stansted and Cambridge trains
- 6 IN PICTURES: Sir Tom Jones' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 7 MP welcomes increase in police officers across Essex
- 8 Mischief Theatre's The Play That Goes Wrong will have you crying with laughter
- 9 Dance in the Square heading to Saffron Walden
- 10 Sully, 12, cuts hair for charity after Greggs-inspired outfit goes viral
DSI will have its new range of Laura Ashley Kitchens on show following their partnership deal, as revealed in the Reporter last week.
Alan Caldwell, chairman of Saffron Walden’s BNI, said: “We are looking forward to the first Saffron Walden Exposition this week. We are excited as we are sure that it will attract a range of businesses and the event will benefit, not only the companies, but the town as a whole.
“The exposition is here to show that Saffron Walden means business and is a hotspot for ingenuity and innovation.”
He added: “I’d also like to thank Laura Ashley and DSI Kitchens for being platinum sponsors for the event.
INFORMATION: The exposition is open from 10am both days and will close on Friday at 4.30pm and at 4pm on Saturday.