First Saffron Walden business fair kicks off
- Credit: Archant
A wide range of companies will be showcasing their wares in the first Saffron Walden Business Exposition.
The town hall will be a buzz of business opportunity on Friday and Saturday (February 12-13) as firms take part in the inaugural event, run by the Saffron Walden BNI group.
The event, which is being sponsored by Laura Ashley and DSI Kitchens and Bathrooms, is not just for companies to create new contacts with businessmen, but for members of the public to get to see what the town has to offer.
There are a range of seminars on business development and marketing taking place on both days. Robin Stretton, BNI senior director consultant for Essex, will speak both days on the benefits of the BNI group and how it can boost your business.
Also speaking on both days is Leonardo Wood, of LGX Marketing. He will deliver a seminar on I-marketing and how to get more customers using websites, Google and social media. Both talks start at 1.30pm.
On the Friday, Hywel Barrett, Content Editor at the Saffron Walden Reporter, which is supporting the event, will speak at 3pm about how businesses can get their news in the paper.
Howard Karloff, a facilitator from Purple Monster, will deliver a take entitled Emotionally Enjoying Events at 2.30pm on Saturday.
- 1 In pictures: Successful return of Walden's Late Night Christmas Shopping
- 2 In pictures: Santa's sleigh is in Saffron Walden
- 3 In pictures: The inaugural Santa Dash around Saffron Walden
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences at Stansted Airport
- 5 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 6 Here are the new Covid travel rules which begin today
- 7 Walking Football launches in Walden
- 8 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 9 Essex buildings are lit up in green for awareness campaign
- 10 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
DSI will have its new range of Laura Ashley Kitchens on show following their partnership deal, as revealed in the Reporter last week.
Alan Caldwell, chairman of Saffron Walden’s BNI, said: “We are looking forward to the first Saffron Walden Exposition this week. We are excited as we are sure that it will attract a range of businesses and the event will benefit, not only the companies, but the town as a whole.
“The exposition is here to show that Saffron Walden means business and is a hotspot for ingenuity and innovation.”
He added: “I’d also like to thank Laura Ashley and DSI Kitchens for being platinum sponsors for the event.
INFORMATION: The exposition is open from 10am both days and will close on Friday at 4.30pm and at 4pm on Saturday.