Five Saffron Walden youths charged with anti-social behaviour offences
PUBLISHED: 08:58 12 August 2011
FIVE youths – one aged just 11-years-old – have been charged with a string of minor anti-social offences.
Saffron Walden’s neighbourhood policing team launched a small operation in a bid to clamp down on anti-social behaviour in the town.
That has led to the arrests of the five youngsters on suspicion of offences including theft, shoplifting and handling stolen goods.
The youngsters – all boys aged 11, 14 and 15 who live in the Saffron Walden area – answered their bail last Thursday (August 4) prior to the charges being made.
• An 11-year-old boy has been charged with two incidents of shoplifting from Tesco in Radwinter Road, the theft of a pedal cycle, and handling a stolen sat nav system.
• A 14-year-old boy has been charged with the theft of a pedal cycle and two incidents of shoplifting from the town’s Boots store.
• A 15-year-old has been charged with using threatening behaviour and assault at Costcutter in High Street, a second public order offence, the theft of a pedal cycle and shoplifting from Tesco.
• A 15-year-old has been charged with using threatening words and behaviour and shoplifting at Tesco.
• A 15-year-old has been charged with disorderly behaviour at Tesco.
The youths are due before magistrates at Harlow Youth Court on August 19.
If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Saffron Walden Reporter. Click the link in the orange box above for details.