Five Saffron Walden youths charged with anti-social behaviour offences
FIVE youths – one aged just 11-years-old – have been charged with a string of minor anti-social offences.
Saffron Walden’s neighbourhood policing team launched a small operation in a bid to clamp down on anti-social behaviour in the town.
That has led to the arrests of the five youngsters on suspicion of offences including theft, shoplifting and handling stolen goods.
The youngsters – all boys aged 11, 14 and 15 who live in the Saffron Walden area – answered their bail last Thursday (August 4) prior to the charges being made.
• An 11-year-old boy has been charged with two incidents of shoplifting from Tesco in Radwinter Road, the theft of a pedal cycle, and handling a stolen sat nav system.
You may also want to watch:
• A 14-year-old boy has been charged with the theft of a pedal cycle and two incidents of shoplifting from the town’s Boots store.
• A 15-year-old has been charged with using threatening behaviour and assault at Costcutter in High Street, a second public order offence, the theft of a pedal cycle and shoplifting from Tesco.
- 1 Tracking Covid at the Sanger Institute
- 2 Covid-19 breaches at Stansted Airport
- 3 Saffron Walden constituency MP on the road map out of lockdown
- 4 Essex: Climate change top priority for residents
- 5 Containerlift supports laughter and supply chains
- 6 Awards for pandemic heroes launched
- 7 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 8 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 9 Fun for virtual World Book Day 2021
- 10 Cam Valley to broadcast a special Mother's Day service
• A 15-year-old has been charged with using threatening words and behaviour and shoplifting at Tesco.
• A 15-year-old has been charged with disorderly behaviour at Tesco.
The youths are due before magistrates at Harlow Youth Court on August 19.