Five Saffron Walden youths charged with anti-social behaviour offences
FIVE youths – one aged just 11-years-old – have been charged with a string of minor anti-social offences.
Saffron Walden’s neighbourhood policing team launched a small operation in a bid to clamp down on anti-social behaviour in the town.
That has led to the arrests of the five youngsters on suspicion of offences including theft, shoplifting and handling stolen goods.
The youngsters – all boys aged 11, 14 and 15 who live in the Saffron Walden area – answered their bail last Thursday (August 4) prior to the charges being made.
• An 11-year-old boy has been charged with two incidents of shoplifting from Tesco in Radwinter Road, the theft of a pedal cycle, and handling a stolen sat nav system.
You may also want to watch:
• A 14-year-old boy has been charged with the theft of a pedal cycle and two incidents of shoplifting from the town’s Boots store.
• A 15-year-old has been charged with using threatening behaviour and assault at Costcutter in High Street, a second public order offence, the theft of a pedal cycle and shoplifting from Tesco.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 5 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 6 Saffron Striders enjoy lots of choice with Great North Run the main event
- 7 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 8 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 9 Temporary council chief costing more than £1,000 per day
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival
• A 15-year-old has been charged with using threatening words and behaviour and shoplifting at Tesco.
• A 15-year-old has been charged with disorderly behaviour at Tesco.
The youths are due before magistrates at Harlow Youth Court on August 19.