Five Saffron Walden youths charged with anti-social behaviour offences
FIVE youths – one aged just 11-years-old – have been charged with a string of minor anti-social offences.
Saffron Walden’s neighbourhood policing team launched a small operation in a bid to clamp down on anti-social behaviour in the town.
That has led to the arrests of the five youngsters on suspicion of offences including theft, shoplifting and handling stolen goods.
The youngsters – all boys aged 11, 14 and 15 who live in the Saffron Walden area – answered their bail last Thursday (August 4) prior to the charges being made.
• An 11-year-old boy has been charged with two incidents of shoplifting from Tesco in Radwinter Road, the theft of a pedal cycle, and handling a stolen sat nav system.
You may also want to watch:
• A 14-year-old boy has been charged with the theft of a pedal cycle and two incidents of shoplifting from the town’s Boots store.
• A 15-year-old has been charged with using threatening behaviour and assault at Costcutter in High Street, a second public order offence, the theft of a pedal cycle and shoplifting from Tesco.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Freedom Day has been delayed by up to four weeks
- 9 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 10 Things to do in June - from open gardens to live music and dancing
• A 15-year-old has been charged with using threatening words and behaviour and shoplifting at Tesco.
• A 15-year-old has been charged with disorderly behaviour at Tesco.
The youths are due before magistrates at Harlow Youth Court on August 19.