Flights delayed from Stansted after air traffic control glitch
FLIGHTS in and out of Stansted Airport have been delayed this morning (Monday August 8) after a problem with air traffic control.
Staff advised that due to a “technical issue” with processing flights plans some restrictions have been applied to all London airports to maintain safety.
A spokesman said: “NATS engineers are currently working to restore the system to full operation, however some disruption to departing and arriving flights is likely.”
Passengers travelling from Stansted are advised to check-in as normal. Further updates will be provided as soon as more information is available. Currently delays are hitting the hour mark.
It is expected the system will be up and running by 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
- Despite civil unrest and riots in Tottenham over the weekend, the Stansted Express train service, which runs directly through the area, is still running on time.
ARE you at Stansted? Tweet us your thoughts – @swreporter24
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return