Flights delayed from Stansted after air traffic control glitch
FLIGHTS in and out of Stansted Airport have been delayed this morning (Monday August 8) after a problem with air traffic control.
Staff advised that due to a “technical issue” with processing flights plans some restrictions have been applied to all London airports to maintain safety.
A spokesman said: “NATS engineers are currently working to restore the system to full operation, however some disruption to departing and arriving flights is likely.”
Passengers travelling from Stansted are advised to check-in as normal. Further updates will be provided as soon as more information is available. Currently delays are hitting the hour mark.
It is expected the system will be up and running by 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
- Despite civil unrest and riots in Tottenham over the weekend, the Stansted Express train service, which runs directly through the area, is still running on time.
ARE you at Stansted? Tweet us your thoughts – @swreporter24
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport