Flights delayed from Stansted after air traffic control glitch
FLIGHTS in and out of Stansted Airport have been delayed this morning (Monday August 8) after a problem with air traffic control.
Staff advised that due to a “technical issue” with processing flights plans some restrictions have been applied to all London airports to maintain safety.
A spokesman said: “NATS engineers are currently working to restore the system to full operation, however some disruption to departing and arriving flights is likely.”
Passengers travelling from Stansted are advised to check-in as normal. Further updates will be provided as soon as more information is available. Currently delays are hitting the hour mark.
It is expected the system will be up and running by 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
- Despite civil unrest and riots in Tottenham over the weekend, the Stansted Express train service, which runs directly through the area, is still running on time.
ARE you at Stansted? Tweet us your thoughts – @swreporter24
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 5 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending