Flights delayed from Stansted after air traffic control glitch
FLIGHTS in and out of Stansted Airport have been delayed this morning (Monday August 8) after a problem with air traffic control.
Staff advised that due to a “technical issue” with processing flights plans some restrictions have been applied to all London airports to maintain safety.
A spokesman said: “NATS engineers are currently working to restore the system to full operation, however some disruption to departing and arriving flights is likely.”
Passengers travelling from Stansted are advised to check-in as normal. Further updates will be provided as soon as more information is available. Currently delays are hitting the hour mark.
It is expected the system will be up and running by 11.30am.
You may also want to watch:
- Despite civil unrest and riots in Tottenham over the weekend, the Stansted Express train service, which runs directly through the area, is still running on time.
ARE you at Stansted? Tweet us your thoughts – @swreporter24
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital