Flying colours for pre-school
DEBDEN Pre-school is celebrated an improved grading by Government inspectors. The pre-school, based at The Memorial Hall in High Street, Debden, passed its recent Ofsted inspection with flying colours, receiving Good in all areas. The report pointed out
DEBDEN Pre-school is celebrated an improved grading by Government inspectors.
The pre-school, based at The Memorial Hall in High Street, Debden, passed its recent Ofsted inspection with flying colours, receiving "Good" in all areas.
The report pointed out that "children play and learn in a stimulating environment which means they make good progress in their learning and development" and that the setting is safe, secure and promotes children's independence.
The report added: "Children thoroughly enjoy their time [there] and they benefit from the good provision which effectively meets their needs. Sound monitoring and evaluation of the provision enables practitioners to identify areas for continuous improvement."
You may also want to watch:
Sharon Cockin and Sam Reynolds, the pre-school leaders, also received high praise, with inspectors noting that "their strong leadership has built a cohesive team ensuring good quality care and education for the children".
The pair were delighted with the report. In a joint statement, they said: "All staff and committee have worked hard over the past year to really lift the pre-school to its full potential and this inspection has made that all worthwhile.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 4 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 6 Town council backs new support club
- 7 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Greater Anglia temporarily reduces train services due to pandemic
"While the happiness and progress of the children made it clear that things were going well, to have this affirmed by Ofsted with a "Good" rating in all areas is a great achievement for all involved."
For further information on Debden Pre-school, call Mrs Cockin or Mrs Reynolds on 07845 101809.