Flying colours for pre-school
DEBDEN Pre-school is celebrated an improved grading by Government inspectors. The pre-school, based at The Memorial Hall in High Street, Debden, passed its recent Ofsted inspection with flying colours, receiving Good in all areas. The report pointed out
DEBDEN Pre-school is celebrated an improved grading by Government inspectors.
The pre-school, based at The Memorial Hall in High Street, Debden, passed its recent Ofsted inspection with flying colours, receiving "Good" in all areas.
The report pointed out that "children play and learn in a stimulating environment which means they make good progress in their learning and development" and that the setting is safe, secure and promotes children's independence.
The report added: "Children thoroughly enjoy their time [there] and they benefit from the good provision which effectively meets their needs. Sound monitoring and evaluation of the provision enables practitioners to identify areas for continuous improvement."
You may also want to watch:
Sharon Cockin and Sam Reynolds, the pre-school leaders, also received high praise, with inspectors noting that "their strong leadership has built a cohesive team ensuring good quality care and education for the children".
The pair were delighted with the report. In a joint statement, they said: "All staff and committee have worked hard over the past year to really lift the pre-school to its full potential and this inspection has made that all worthwhile.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
"While the happiness and progress of the children made it clear that things were going well, to have this affirmed by Ofsted with a "Good" rating in all areas is a great achievement for all involved."
For further information on Debden Pre-school, call Mrs Cockin or Mrs Reynolds on 07845 101809.