Former Iron Maiden guitarist Dennis Stratton is guest of honour at rock concert in Saffron Walden
THE first charity rock concert featuring pupils from a pop school is being held in Saffron Walden. Clive s Easylearn Pop Music School is hosting the concert in the town hall on Monday January 25. All proceeds are going to the Teenage Cancer Trust and Macm
THE first charity rock concert featuring pupils from a pop school is being held in Saffron Walden.
Clive's Easylearn Pop Music School is hosting the concert in the town hall on Monday January 25. All proceeds are going to the Teenage Cancer Trust and Macmillan Cancer appeal.
Former Iron Maiden guitarist Dennis Strattron will be guest of honour at the event and will be joining the students onstage to play an Iron Maiden song during the evening.
The event will also include a 'rock raffle', featuring fabulous prizes including a signed Iron Maiden photograph, a signed Eric Clapton photograph and an electric guitar.
You may also want to watch:
Clive's Easylearn Pop Music School takes place every Monday night at Friends Meeting House, Saffron Walden, and every Wednesday at Northgate Junior School in Bishop's Stortford, and teaches young people from age seven how to play electric guitar, drums, keyboards and bass guitar.
The weekly sessions also give students the chance to play together in pop and rock bands from the very first lesson with the unique 'jam' element during the last 15 minutes of the session.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 7 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 8 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 9 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 10 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
Budding young musicians are invited to come along for a free 15 minute taster lesson any Monday evening.
The pop school is owned and operated as a franchise by Simon Baker and Andy Wilson, who have opened successful schools in Bishop's Stortford, Sawbridgeworth, Saffron Walden and Hertford.
Network director Clive Brooks said: "We've done away with boring theory and made music-making simple, fun and direct. Our courses are unique.
"Tutors love them because they're easy to teach, and students love them because they're easy to understand."
Tickets for the live concert are on sale now at the Tourist Information Centre on Market Square, at �5, or by calling Clive's on 07941 670575.
Doors open at 6pm and the concert will finish at 9.30pm.