Former Iron Maiden guitarist Dennis Stratton is guest of honour at rock concert in Saffron Walden
THE first charity rock concert featuring pupils from a pop school is being held in Saffron Walden. Clive s Easylearn Pop Music School is hosting the concert in the town hall on Monday January 25. All proceeds are going to the Teenage Cancer Trust and Macm
THE first charity rock concert featuring pupils from a pop school is being held in Saffron Walden.
Clive's Easylearn Pop Music School is hosting the concert in the town hall on Monday January 25. All proceeds are going to the Teenage Cancer Trust and Macmillan Cancer appeal.
Former Iron Maiden guitarist Dennis Strattron will be guest of honour at the event and will be joining the students onstage to play an Iron Maiden song during the evening.
The event will also include a 'rock raffle', featuring fabulous prizes including a signed Iron Maiden photograph, a signed Eric Clapton photograph and an electric guitar.
You may also want to watch:
Clive's Easylearn Pop Music School takes place every Monday night at Friends Meeting House, Saffron Walden, and every Wednesday at Northgate Junior School in Bishop's Stortford, and teaches young people from age seven how to play electric guitar, drums, keyboards and bass guitar.
The weekly sessions also give students the chance to play together in pop and rock bands from the very first lesson with the unique 'jam' element during the last 15 minutes of the session.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 3 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 4 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 5 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 6 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 7 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 8 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
Budding young musicians are invited to come along for a free 15 minute taster lesson any Monday evening.
The pop school is owned and operated as a franchise by Simon Baker and Andy Wilson, who have opened successful schools in Bishop's Stortford, Sawbridgeworth, Saffron Walden and Hertford.
Network director Clive Brooks said: "We've done away with boring theory and made music-making simple, fun and direct. Our courses are unique.
"Tutors love them because they're easy to teach, and students love them because they're easy to understand."
Tickets for the live concert are on sale now at the Tourist Information Centre on Market Square, at �5, or by calling Clive's on 07941 670575.
Doors open at 6pm and the concert will finish at 9.30pm.