Former Iron Maiden guitarist endorses new rock academy
- Credit: Archant
FORMER Iron Maiden guitarist Dennis Stratton has given his backing to a new rock school.
Livewire is now open for business in Saffron Walden, offering “music lessons with a big difference”.
The academy is open on Monday evenings at The Friends Meeting House in the High Street, teaching electric guitar, drums, bass and keyboards.
And Mr Stratton is a strong supporter. He said “This is a great opportunity for people to learn and play music with professional musicians.”
Every lesson finishes with a 15-minute jam session with all pupils joining in well known rock and pop songs.
You may also want to watch:
The school is also putting on a live concert at the Town Hall on Tuesday January 29, starting at 6pm. Tickets are £5 on the door and all proceeds will go to local charities.
Budding young musicians are being invited to attend a free taster lesson at the school. To book call 07941 670575 or visit livewirerockacademy.co.uk.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 4 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 5 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 6 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 7 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 8 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Campaign aims to cut Essex roads deaths and series injuries to zero