Former Iron Maiden guitarist endorses new rock academy
- Credit: Archant
FORMER Iron Maiden guitarist Dennis Stratton has given his backing to a new rock school.
Livewire is now open for business in Saffron Walden, offering “music lessons with a big difference”.
The academy is open on Monday evenings at The Friends Meeting House in the High Street, teaching electric guitar, drums, bass and keyboards.
And Mr Stratton is a strong supporter. He said “This is a great opportunity for people to learn and play music with professional musicians.”
Every lesson finishes with a 15-minute jam session with all pupils joining in well known rock and pop songs.
You may also want to watch:
The school is also putting on a live concert at the Town Hall on Tuesday January 29, starting at 6pm. Tickets are £5 on the door and all proceeds will go to local charities.
Budding young musicians are being invited to attend a free taster lesson at the school. To book call 07941 670575 or visit livewirerockacademy.co.uk.
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Share your views: Should Freedom Day on June 21 go ahead?