Formula 1 testing dates at Duxford confirmed for 2013
THE DATES for Formula 1 tests at the Imperial War Museum Duxford have been announced for 2013.
Five testing days have been arranged to take place over the next six months, with the first planned for Friday, April 26.
Two tests will be held in May, on the 1 and 15, with another test booked for June 19. The final test will take place on August 28.
Each team is permitted to operate its car between 8am and there shall be no more than 180 runs up and down the runway during the day.
No reserve days have been booked by the teams.
You may also want to watch:
The museum will be open as usual between 10amand 6pm and visitors will be able to see test cars on the runway.
The conditions for Formula One testing at IWM Duxford were agreed with South Cambridgeshire District Council in 2010. They are:
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 6 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 7 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 8 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Council leader continues fight against Stansted expansion
•?There shall be a maximum of five events where a Formula One car is allowed to drive on the runway during any calendar year.
•?Events shall take place between Monday and Friday in any week and between the hours of 8am and 6pm. No events shall take place on weekends or public holidays.
•?There shall be no more than two events in any one calendar month and no more than one event in any one working week (Monday to Friday).
•?Noise levels and duration of testing per event shall be similar to that experienced during 2009 and no more than 180 runs up and down the runway will be allowed on any one day.
•?IWM Duxford shall give at least two weeks’ notice to the Parish Clerks of Duxford, Whittlesford and Thriplow of any event planned to allow Formula One testing on the IWMDuxford runway (this would include any reserve day planned for inclement weather conditions).
•?IWM Duxford shall give at least two weeks’ notice to any other member of the public living or working within these parishes who requests to be so informed (this would include any reserve day planned for inclement weather conditions).
•?These conditions may be revisited in the future should the need arise.