Formula One’s Lotus Renault GP visits Imperial War Museum Duxford for testing day
FORMULA 1 team Lotus Renault GOP will be returning to Imperial War Museum Duxford to conduct aero testing next month.
The team will be holding a single full day of testing on Friday July 1. Under the terms of the agreement Lotus will operate its test car between 8am and 6pm.
There shall be no more than 180 runs up and down the runway during the day.
No reserve day has been booked by the team.
The museum will be open, as usual, between 10am and 6pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the museum said: “Imperial War Museum Duxford continually develops the narrative of scientific and technological innovation told throughout the museum, particularly in AirSpace. The partnership with Lotus Renault GP contributes significantly to this ethos.”
Following the 2010 Formula 1 test day, some revisions have been made to the conditions for testing at IWM Duxford in 2011, in agreement with South Cambridgeshire District Council.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 8 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 9 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
Those revisions are outlined in bold below:
•? There shall be a maximum of five events where a Formula 1 car is allowed to drive on the runway during any calendar year.
• ?Events shall take place between Monday and Friday in any week and between the hours of 8am and 6pm. No events shall take place on weekends or public holidays.
•? There shall be no more than two events in any one calendar month and no more than one event in any one working week (Monday to Friday).
• ?Noise levels and duration of testing per event shall be similar to that experienced during 2009 and no more than 180 runs up and down the runway will be allowed on any one day.
•?Imperial War Museum Duxford shall give at least two weeks’ notice to the parish clerks of Duxford, Whittlesford and Thriplow of any event planned to allow Formula 1 testing on the IWM Duxford runway (this would include any reserve day planned for inclement weather conditions).
•? Imperial War Museum Duxford shall give at least two weeks’ notice to any other member of the public living or working within these parishes who requests to be so informed (this would include any reserve day planned for inclement weather conditions).
• ?August will be trialled as a potential period for Formula 1 testing during 2011, to gauge public reaction during the main holiday period, with the proviso that it is removed from other years if the level of complaint/ disturbance is far greater than recorded for other months’ events.
These conditions may be revisited in the future should the need arise.
Find out more about Lotus Renault GP at lotusrenaultgp.com