Foster carers appeal launched in Essex
AN appeal for more people to step forward as foster carers has been launched by Essex County Council. The countywide recruitment campaign kicked off with the screening of a new DVD – The Best Job I ve Ever Done – at Channels Golf Club in Little Waltham,
AN appeal for more people to step forward as foster carers has been launched by Essex County Council.
The countywide recruitment campaign kicked off with the screening of a new DVD - The Best Job I've Ever Done - at Channels Golf Club in Little Waltham, Chelmsford on April 1.
The DVD featured existing carers extolling the rewards that come with stepping forward to foster.
ECC's cabinet member for children, Cllr Peter Martin, said: "The campaign aims to get across the need for a diverse range of carers. There are vulnerable children out there with all sorts of different needs - physical disabilities for example or children who need short term care.
You may also want to watch:
"I would like to thank all our existing foster carers, many of whom have contributed to the DVD, for the work that they do. It is exceptional and we are grateful for the help they are providing with the campaign."
The council places approximately 800 children a year in foster homes and is aiming to recruit an additional 100 carers in 2009-10.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive
Cllr Martin added: "Fostering can be demanding, but the rewards are significant. Knowing you are changing a young person's life for the better is a tremendous feeling."
As well as The Best Job I've Ever Done, another film will be available to view made by the children of foster carers. Fostering: The Facts is designed to give the children of potential foster carers a no-holds barred insight into what they can expect.
For more information on fostering call the freephone number 0800 801530, visit www.essex.gov.uk/adoptionandfostering or write to: Adoption and Fostering Recruitment, Essex House, 200 The Crescent, Colchester, CO4 9YQ.