Four Essex fire crews sent to tackle fire at old bakery
FOUR fire crews were called out to battle a fire which had broken out at an old bakery.
Firefighters from Saffron Walden, Thaxted and Wethersfield were called to Princes Well in Radwinter at around 1.50pm yesterday (Thursday). the building is now used a a private dwelling.
Initially two appliances were sent to the scene, but when crews reported that 50 per cent of the roof was well alight the officer in charge requested the attendance of an additional two appliances.
Wearing breathing apparatus the firefighters used two hose reels and two covering jets to tackle the blaze.
The incident was dealt with by 14.59pm.
You may also want to watch:
It has not been made clear how the fire started.
- 1 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 2 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 3 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 4 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 5 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 6 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 7 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site