Four Essex fire crews sent to tackle fire at old bakery
FOUR fire crews were called out to battle a fire which had broken out at an old bakery.
Firefighters from Saffron Walden, Thaxted and Wethersfield were called to Princes Well in Radwinter at around 1.50pm yesterday (Thursday). the building is now used a a private dwelling.
Initially two appliances were sent to the scene, but when crews reported that 50 per cent of the roof was well alight the officer in charge requested the attendance of an additional two appliances.
Wearing breathing apparatus the firefighters used two hose reels and two covering jets to tackle the blaze.
The incident was dealt with by 14.59pm.
You may also want to watch:
It has not been made clear how the fire started.
- 1 Motion of no confidence - may be held behind closed doors
- 2 New outreach Post Office for community
- 3 Uttlesford businesses 'disappointed' with Freedom Day delay
- 4 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 5 In pictures: Medieval landmark Walden Castle is restored
- 6 Saturday recital to mark 200th anniversary of Thaxted organ
- 7 Classical BRIT Award-winning Jess Gillam to play Saffron Hall
- 8 Caught on camera: Motorcyclist feared for life in near-miss
- 9 New M11 junction hits 'major milestone'
- 10 Draft plans for 49 new Thaxted homes unveiled