Four Essex fire crews sent to tackle fire at old bakery
FOUR fire crews were called out to battle a fire which had broken out at an old bakery.
Firefighters from Saffron Walden, Thaxted and Wethersfield were called to Princes Well in Radwinter at around 1.50pm yesterday (Thursday). the building is now used a a private dwelling.
Initially two appliances were sent to the scene, but when crews reported that 50 per cent of the roof was well alight the officer in charge requested the attendance of an additional two appliances.
Wearing breathing apparatus the firefighters used two hose reels and two covering jets to tackle the blaze.
The incident was dealt with by 14.59pm.
You may also want to watch:
It has not been made clear how the fire started.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 10 Team Laptop launches to support children's learning