Four men arrested for arson in Saffron Walden released without charge
- Credit: Archant
Four men arrested on suspicion of arson have been released without charge in connection with the discovery of a burning motorcycle in Saffron Walden.
It follows an incident on Sunday night where a motorcycle was discovered on fire at Catons Lane farm shortly after 10pm.
Two of the men were charged with resisting arrest and one has additionally been charged with an arson in November last year.
Christopher Perriss, 24, of Broomfields, Hatfield Heath was charged with resisting arrest on Sunday (June 22), and arson, on November 15, 2013 in Saffron Walden relating to a car fire. He will appear at Colchester Magistrates Court today (Tuesday, June 24).
Harry Shakespare, 23, of Jacksons Lane, Great Chesterford was charged with assaulting a police officer.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released on bail to appear at Colchester Magistrates Court on July 8.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event