Four men arrested for arson in Saffron Walden released without charge
- Credit: Archant
Four men arrested on suspicion of arson have been released without charge in connection with the discovery of a burning motorcycle in Saffron Walden.
It follows an incident on Sunday night where a motorcycle was discovered on fire at Catons Lane farm shortly after 10pm.
Two of the men were charged with resisting arrest and one has additionally been charged with an arson in November last year.
Christopher Perriss, 24, of Broomfields, Hatfield Heath was charged with resisting arrest on Sunday (June 22), and arson, on November 15, 2013 in Saffron Walden relating to a car fire. He will appear at Colchester Magistrates Court today (Tuesday, June 24).
Harry Shakespare, 23, of Jacksons Lane, Great Chesterford was charged with assaulting a police officer.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released on bail to appear at Colchester Magistrates Court on July 8.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex