Four men arrested for arson in Saffron Walden released without charge
- Credit: Archant
Four men arrested on suspicion of arson have been released without charge in connection with the discovery of a burning motorcycle in Saffron Walden.
It follows an incident on Sunday night where a motorcycle was discovered on fire at Catons Lane farm shortly after 10pm.
Two of the men were charged with resisting arrest and one has additionally been charged with an arson in November last year.
Christopher Perriss, 24, of Broomfields, Hatfield Heath was charged with resisting arrest on Sunday (June 22), and arson, on November 15, 2013 in Saffron Walden relating to a car fire. He will appear at Colchester Magistrates Court today (Tuesday, June 24).
Harry Shakespare, 23, of Jacksons Lane, Great Chesterford was charged with assaulting a police officer.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released on bail to appear at Colchester Magistrates Court on July 8.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 4 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 7 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night
- 8 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 9 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex