Free car parking options in Uttlesford running up to Christmas and into New Year to boost trade and attract shoppers
Uttlesford District Council today announced that it will introduce a series of FREE car parking options in council-owned car parks running up to Christmas and into the New Year to help boost Christmas trade and increase shopping footfall in the shopping centres across the district.
This initiative is supported by the local retail community, the town teams and town and parish councils who all recognise that the introduction during the Christmas trading period and beyond will have a beneficial impact on the vibrancy of the town centres.
Cllr Susan Barker, cabinet member for Environment at the district council, said: “We understand that the Christmas trading period is one of the most important and busiest times for retailers and therefore we want to show them our support by introducing free car parking where we can across our car parks.
“I am sure that this will have a very positive impact both on trade and footfall and will help to reinforce our mission to keep our town centres alive and prosperous.”
The council will introduce free car parking after 3pm on every Saturday in December, (7, 14, 21). From Christmas Eve to Sunday, January 5, the majority of council-owned car parks will be free of charge every day except Waitrose/Fairycroft. There will be free parking all day on Saturday, December 7 at Crafton Green car park in Stansted in support of its Christmas Fair.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Howard Rolfe, cabinet member for Communities & Partnerships, said: “We wanted to show our support for Small Business Saturday this year which is a national campaign to encourage more people to shop locally on Saturday, December 7.
“An important way to do this is by introducing some free car parking across all our council-owned car parks from this Saturday and into December and the New Year.”
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal