Free garden party for young children and families in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Fairycroft Children’s Centre is hosting a free garden party on Wednesday, May 21 to celebrate the opening of its new garden.
The centre has been developing its outdoor play space with the help of local voluntary organisation Dig It who have made raised flower beds for the children to learn to dig plants and grow flowers.
Gay Veal, volunteer treasurer for Dig It, said: “The garden at Fairycroft Children’s Centre was dark and overgrown but, with the combined efforts of Dig It volunteers and Spurgeons’ staff, it has been transformed into a sunny, colourful and productive area and is very much a reason for a party.
“Those who took part in the restoration of this little corner of garden are thrilled with the outcome and hope the children will continue to grow their own plants, learn about the seasons and wildlife, as well as enjoying the flowers and vegetables they grow.”
Lesley Murdoch, community engagement and volunteer coordinator for Spurgeons, which runs the centre, said: “The children are thrilled with the new garden that has been created for them, and the garden party will be a great event to mark the occasion. The Dig It volunteers along with Spurgeons staff have really done an excellent job.”
The party will be held from 1.30-4pm at the centre on Fairycroft Road, Saffron Walden. No booking is required – simply turn up and join in with the activities at the centre.
All children under five and their parents and carers are welcome to the party and there will be activities and free ice cream for everyone.
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 5 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 6 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 9 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 10 Simple Minds set for Audley End concert ahead of releasing new album Direction Of The Heart
For more information about the event, call 01799 521602.
For more information about Spurgeons children’s centres, go to spurgeons.org/childrens-centres