Free garden party for young children and families in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Fairycroft Children’s Centre is hosting a free garden party on Wednesday, May 21 to celebrate the opening of its new garden.
The centre has been developing its outdoor play space with the help of local voluntary organisation Dig It who have made raised flower beds for the children to learn to dig plants and grow flowers.
Gay Veal, volunteer treasurer for Dig It, said: “The garden at Fairycroft Children’s Centre was dark and overgrown but, with the combined efforts of Dig It volunteers and Spurgeons’ staff, it has been transformed into a sunny, colourful and productive area and is very much a reason for a party.
“Those who took part in the restoration of this little corner of garden are thrilled with the outcome and hope the children will continue to grow their own plants, learn about the seasons and wildlife, as well as enjoying the flowers and vegetables they grow.”
Lesley Murdoch, community engagement and volunteer coordinator for Spurgeons, which runs the centre, said: “The children are thrilled with the new garden that has been created for them, and the garden party will be a great event to mark the occasion. The Dig It volunteers along with Spurgeons staff have really done an excellent job.”
The party will be held from 1.30-4pm at the centre on Fairycroft Road, Saffron Walden. No booking is required – simply turn up and join in with the activities at the centre.
All children under five and their parents and carers are welcome to the party and there will be activities and free ice cream for everyone.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 3 Decision yet to be made on Saffron Walden's 20mph limit
- 4 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 5 Saffron Walden photographer's book a permanent record of life in a locked down town
- 6 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 7 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 9 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 10 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
For more information about the event, call 01799 521602.
For more information about Spurgeons children’s centres, go to spurgeons.org/childrens-centres