Free textile collections launched in Uttlesford
RESIDENTS can now recycle old clothes and other textiles at the kerbside thanks to a new service introduced in the district.
At no extra cost taxpayers, Uttlesford District Council has teamed up with a company called Essex Textiles to provide one of two free services, depending on where you live.
Essex Textiles has this week begun delivering blue recycling bags and an explanatory leaflet to all properties in the district.
A council spokesman described the move as a “win-win” situation adding: “Residents living in towns and larger villages will be able to take advantage of a fortnightly collection of textiles and shoes on the same day as their green bin collection.
“They just need to place their unwanted items in the bag and put the bag next to their wheelie bins by 7am on the day their green lidded recycling bin is collected.”
You may also want to watch:
For people who live in the more rural parts of the district, Essex Textiles offers a call-and-collect service – just fill the blue bag and then call 0800 787 9071 to book a collection.
The spokesman added: “This new service should help improve even further the recycling rate of 55 per cent achieved by Uttlesford residents in 2010/11.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 8 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
“Essex Textiles will also be making regular donations to the council chairman’s charities, which this year are Macmillan Cancer Support and Walking with the Wounded.”
For more information or if residents have not received their blue bags, visit essextextiles.co.uk or call 0800 7879 071.