Free Waitrose park and ride for Saturday shoppers
- Credit: Archant
From Saturday, shoppers will be able to use a temporary park and ride facility in Saffron Walden to compensate for the loss of parking during Waitrose’s refurbishment.
The district council will be operating a minibus service between Saffron Walden County High School and the town centre on Saturdays.
The hope is that it will help make up for the closure of the 294-space Fairycroft Road car park while Waitrose expands its Hill Street store.
The County High School has made its 101-space Gold Zone car park available for use by the public on Saturdays only, between 9am and 3pm. The council will provide a taxi minibus shuttle from the car park to a temporary drop-off/pick-up bus stop on Hill Street. The minibus service – which will be free to use – is due to start on Saturday and will run while the Fairycroft Road car park is remodelled.
Stewards will be in place at the Gold Zone car park and potentially at the Hill Street pick-up point to help and advise users.
You may also want to watch:
During the closure of the main Waitrose store, the supermarket will be putting on a shuttlebus between Swan Meadow car park and Hill Street by Waitrose, which opens temporary store with reduced stock on Monday.
The main Waitrose store and carpark is expected to be closed for refurbishment till early August.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost