French visit to Thaxted for 10th twinning anniversary
THAXTED Twinning Association used the red, white and blue of both Britain and France to celebrate its 10th anniversary.
The TTA welcomed 34 of their friends from their French twin town, St Vrain, including seven children under 13, last Thursday for a reception at the Guildhall.
Founder president Marijke Curtis presented the guests with a wall hanging in red,
white and blue made by several Thaxted residents, using foundation patchwork. They plan to hang it in the ‘Mairie’, their equivalent Guildhall, in St Vrain.
The presentation was followed by a day out in London on Saturday, the trip taking the team to the Houses of Parliament with three guides – including Saffron Walden MP Sir Alan Haselhurst – a three-course lunch on the RS Hispaniola moored close to the Embankment, and finally a flight on the London Eye.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday a party was held at Parrishes in Thaxted when all the hosts and guests, plus a few other members, enjoyed a meal with music by Jill Jones and Cath Begley.
A spokesman for TTA said: “We look forward to our next visit to St Vrain in 2012.”
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 7 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'
- 10 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre