Friends of the Earth and Saffron Walden students gather support for Sustainable Livestock Bill
SAFFRON Walden & District Friends of the Earth and students from the Saffron Walden County High School were in the Market Square on Saturday gathering support for the Sustainable Livestock Bill.
As part of the ‘Join the Moovement’ campaign, County High students dressed as cows for the morning or donned cow and chicken sandwich boards to highlight the issues.
The campaign aims to demonstrate the links between intensive livestock production in the UK and the increasing destruction of South America forests to grow soya for animal feed.
The statements of support given on Saturday will be presented to Sir Alan Haselhurst, requesting him to support the Bill when it receives its second reading in Parliament on November 12.
Co-ordinator of Saffron Walden Friends of the Earth Paul Gadd said: “I’d like to say thank you to everyone who supported us and particularly to the members of the County High Green Club for all their efforts on a wet and windy Saturday morning.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to find out more on the campaign should visit saffronwaldenfoe.org
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 3 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 4 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 5 Essex Austin Seven Club takes in Saffron Walden on tour
- 6 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 7 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 8 Saffron Walden triathletes doing themselves and their clubs proud at championships
- 9 More restrictions set to be scrapped in Boris Johnson's winter Covid plan
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival