Friends’ School A-Level students make the grade
STUDENTS at Friends’ School in Saffron Walden were in high spirits after receiving their A-Level results today (Thursday August 19).
A remarkable 19.4 per cent of passes were at the new A* grade and 38.7 per cent were at A* or A.
The number of grades A* to B was 67.7 per cent which is in line with last year. Furthermore 86 per cent of grades were A* to C and this year no grade was below a D.
Headteacher Graham Wigley said: “I’m not sure if the stories in the media about increased competition for university places spurred our students on, but it is noticeable that our top performing students seem to have pushed their B grades to As and A grades to A* this year.
“Whatever the reason, it is a fact that this year’s leavers have had to work harder than their predecessors to secure higher education places. I am delighted that the vast majority of our students have achieved the grades they need to get into their first choice universities.
You may also want to watch:
“It is always a joy to look down the list of individuals’ results and to share their sense of achievement. I know that they will all be extremely appreciative of the teaching they received and the help and support that they had while they were at Friends.
“For a school like ours, with a sixth form which is self-selecting rather than highly selective, to achieve such commendable results is fantastic and is sure to put a spring in our step for the new school year.”
- 1 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 4 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 5 'Don't replace our pub garden with housing', say Newport campaigners
- 6 Robin Hood pantomime to celebrate Harlow Playhouse's 50th birthday this Christmas
- 7 National award and recognition for work of a laughter specialist
- 8 Saffron Walden book giveaway on The Lorax's 50th birthday
- 9 Purse stolen from shopper's bag in Aldi supermarket, Walden
- 10 Audley End apple festival is this weekend