Friends’ School A-Level students make the grade
STUDENTS at Friends’ School in Saffron Walden were in high spirits after receiving their A-Level results today (Thursday August 19).
A remarkable 19.4 per cent of passes were at the new A* grade and 38.7 per cent were at A* or A.
The number of grades A* to B was 67.7 per cent which is in line with last year. Furthermore 86 per cent of grades were A* to C and this year no grade was below a D.
Headteacher Graham Wigley said: “I’m not sure if the stories in the media about increased competition for university places spurred our students on, but it is noticeable that our top performing students seem to have pushed their B grades to As and A grades to A* this year.
“Whatever the reason, it is a fact that this year’s leavers have had to work harder than their predecessors to secure higher education places. I am delighted that the vast majority of our students have achieved the grades they need to get into their first choice universities.
You may also want to watch:
“It is always a joy to look down the list of individuals’ results and to share their sense of achievement. I know that they will all be extremely appreciative of the teaching they received and the help and support that they had while they were at Friends.
“For a school like ours, with a sixth form which is self-selecting rather than highly selective, to achieve such commendable results is fantastic and is sure to put a spring in our step for the new school year.”
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 4 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 5 Auction stations - former telephone exchange is up for grabs
- 6 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 7 Saffron Walden artist designs George Orwell book covers
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Photographer 'shocked' after praise from hundreds of people
- 10 Olly Murs looking forward to touring again