Friends’ School celebrates new facilities
STUDENTS, staff, parents and invited guests celebrated the start of building work of new facilities for Friends’ Junior School and Nursery at a sod turning ceremony.
The new buildings which are planned for completion by September 2012, include new infant classrooms, a purpose built Nursery, an ICT suite, library and artroom as well as a new assembly hall.
Sir Alan Haselhurst MP, along with Tony Watson, ex clerk to the Governors and the school representative who has overseen the project from the beginning, turned the first sod with help from Georgia Rolls and Emina Koprivica.
Georgia, a sixth former at Friends’ who began her education in the junior school, is going on to study real estate property management and development at Reading University in October and Emina Koprivica is the youngest pupil in reception class.
Head of Friends’ School Graham Wigley said: “I am delighted that in 12 months our junior school will provide pupils with the modern facilities they deserve and a new environment in which our teachers can continue to bring out the best in our children”.”
You may also want to watch:
Head of the Junior School Andrew Holmes said: “It is an exciting time for our nursery and junior school.
“We are very much looking forward to our brand new facilities, especially as we have not had to compromise our beautiful site or forest school, and moving in this time next year.”
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 6 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending