From Broadway to Braintree: The Sound of Musicals
FROM Broadway to Braintree, a music society is presenting the Sound of Musicals. Braintree Musical Society s latest production is a concert of musical favourites running from March 23 to 27 at the Institute, Braintree. The concert features many classics,
FROM Broadway to Braintree, a music society is presenting the Sound of Musicals.
Braintree Musical Society's latest production is a concert of musical favourites running from March 23 to 27 at the Institute, Braintree.
The concert features many classics, from current West End and Broadway shows - including Hairspray, Rent and Les Miserables - as well as many other numbers from the society's 50 year history.
Each night will also feature a guest performance from a number of different local performing arts groups - making for a true celebration of local talent.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: "This concert replaces the previously scheduled production of Return to the Forbidden Planet, which has been put on hold due to the large number of members who have joined the society in recent years and wanted to be involved in the spring production.
"Because of the small number of parts in that show, it would not have been possible to include them all, and instead it was decided that a concert would better showcase the diverse talent and styles that the members of the Braintree Musical Society have to offer."
- 1 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 2 Council responds to unflattering comments
- 3 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 4 Thefts from village cars cause hundreds of pounds in losses
- 5 District council urged to cancel investment
- 6 Footpath sign that points to wall is likened to Harry Potter book
- 7 Controversial investment is ethical, district councillors say
- 8 Council leader 'will not seek re-election'
- 9 Plan to convert town restaurant into homes
- 10 Another business permanently closes its doors in Saffron Walden
Tickets cost from �5 to �7.50 and are available from Properganda in Little Square, or the Braintree Tourist Information Centre. Tickets can be ordered over the by calling 01376 550066.