From Broadway to Braintree: The Sound of Musicals
FROM Broadway to Braintree, a music society is presenting the Sound of Musicals. Braintree Musical Society s latest production is a concert of musical favourites running from March 23 to 27 at the Institute, Braintree. The concert features many classics,
FROM Broadway to Braintree, a music society is presenting the Sound of Musicals.
Braintree Musical Society's latest production is a concert of musical favourites running from March 23 to 27 at the Institute, Braintree.
The concert features many classics, from current West End and Broadway shows - including Hairspray, Rent and Les Miserables - as well as many other numbers from the society's 50 year history.
Each night will also feature a guest performance from a number of different local performing arts groups - making for a true celebration of local talent.
A spokesman said: "This concert replaces the previously scheduled production of Return to the Forbidden Planet, which has been put on hold due to the large number of members who have joined the society in recent years and wanted to be involved in the spring production.
"Because of the small number of parts in that show, it would not have been possible to include them all, and instead it was decided that a concert would better showcase the diverse talent and styles that the members of the Braintree Musical Society have to offer."
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 5 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 6 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'
- 9 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 10 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham
Tickets cost from �5 to �7.50 and are available from Properganda in Little Square, or the Braintree Tourist Information Centre. Tickets can be ordered over the by calling 01376 550066.