Fundraisers put their best foot forward for charity
TWO local fundraisers will be donning their running gear to support a national charity. Neil Bird of Saffron Walden and Fiona Gore of Stansted, along with nine colleagues from Pitney Bowes in Harlow, are running in the Bath Half Marathon on March 15 in ai
TWO local fundraisers will be donning their running gear to support a national charity.
Neil Bird of Saffron Walden and Fiona Gore of Stansted, along with nine colleagues from Pitney Bowes in Harlow, are running in the Bath Half Marathon on March 15 in aid of the Willow Foundation.
The foundation was set up by Arsenal goalkeeping legend, Bob Wilson and his wife, Megs, which funds and organises special days for seriously ill 16 to 40 year olds throughout the UK.
Speaking jointly, Mr Bird and Ms Gore, said: "This is a first for both of us. Running the Bath half marathon with team Pitney Bowes is quite a big challenge and a lot of miles to run but it's great to come together as a team and support such a worthy cause. It makes it all worthwhile."
A mix of experienced and novice runners, Team Pitney Bowes has chosen to support the charity after their colleague, David Hussey, was tragically killed in a car crash. David, who was a huge Arsenal fan, had been planning on running the British 10km in aid of the Willow Foundation.
Since his death, other Pitney Bowes employees have run the British 10km and Pitney Bowes has supported the charity with corporate donations.
- 1 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 2 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 3 School activities and sports in pictures
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 8 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 9 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
The latest team will be running the 13 miles in the Bath Half Marathon, for the second year running. Last year the group raised more than �6,200 which included a generous donation of more than �2,500 from Pitney Bowes.
This year is the Willow Foundation's tenth anniversary and, to date, the charity has provided more than 4,000 special days nationwide to people living with cancer, cystic fibrosis, motor neurone disease, muscular dystrophy, organ failure and Huntington's, amongst other conditions.
You can sponsor Team Pitney Bowes at www.justgiving.com/ team_pitneybowes
For further information about the Willow Foundation visit www.willowfoundation.org.uk or call 01707 259777.