Funds are are tied-up in annual Finchingfield Three-legged Race
FOURTEEN three-legged pairs took up the challenge of racing around the village, drinking at the pubs and fording the pond in the now annual Finchingfield Three-legged Race.
The winners, Mark Bell and Stan Flight, were closely pressed by Richard Burton-White and Jason Hall from Carver Barracks.
Sir Timothy Ruggles-Brise, of club sponsor the Spains Hall Estate, was on hand to present the trophy to the winners and bubbly to those winning the best fancy dress competition, James Strachen and Ashley List.
Paul Denman, Finchingfield Cricket Club chairman, said: “We were delighted with the turnout and thank all those who helped make it a wonderful occasion, particularly our pubs The Fox Inn, Red Lion and Three Tuns.”
Jeremy Toynbee, the cricket club’s secretary, added: “A provisional total of at least �1,200 has been raised for local and nation charities, including British Aid for Deprived Children, the Cleft Lip and Palette Association, Cancer Research and the RSPCA, and the cricket club.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Mr Toynbee on 07791653484 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex