Funds are are tied-up in annual Finchingfield Three-legged Race
FOURTEEN three-legged pairs took up the challenge of racing around the village, drinking at the pubs and fording the pond in the now annual Finchingfield Three-legged Race.
The winners, Mark Bell and Stan Flight, were closely pressed by Richard Burton-White and Jason Hall from Carver Barracks.
Sir Timothy Ruggles-Brise, of club sponsor the Spains Hall Estate, was on hand to present the trophy to the winners and bubbly to those winning the best fancy dress competition, James Strachen and Ashley List.
Paul Denman, Finchingfield Cricket Club chairman, said: “We were delighted with the turnout and thank all those who helped make it a wonderful occasion, particularly our pubs The Fox Inn, Red Lion and Three Tuns.”
Jeremy Toynbee, the cricket club’s secretary, added: “A provisional total of at least �1,200 has been raised for local and nation charities, including British Aid for Deprived Children, the Cleft Lip and Palette Association, Cancer Research and the RSPCA, and the cricket club.”
For more information, contact Mr Toynbee on 07791653484 or email@example.com.
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 3 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 4 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 5 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 6 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 9 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 10 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden