Funds are are tied-up in annual Finchingfield Three-legged Race
FOURTEEN three-legged pairs took up the challenge of racing around the village, drinking at the pubs and fording the pond in the now annual Finchingfield Three-legged Race.
The winners, Mark Bell and Stan Flight, were closely pressed by Richard Burton-White and Jason Hall from Carver Barracks.
Sir Timothy Ruggles-Brise, of club sponsor the Spains Hall Estate, was on hand to present the trophy to the winners and bubbly to those winning the best fancy dress competition, James Strachen and Ashley List.
Paul Denman, Finchingfield Cricket Club chairman, said: “We were delighted with the turnout and thank all those who helped make it a wonderful occasion, particularly our pubs The Fox Inn, Red Lion and Three Tuns.”
Jeremy Toynbee, the cricket club’s secretary, added: “A provisional total of at least �1,200 has been raised for local and nation charities, including British Aid for Deprived Children, the Cleft Lip and Palette Association, Cancer Research and the RSPCA, and the cricket club.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information, contact Mr Toynbee on 07791653484 or email@example.com.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down