Funds needed for charity
TWO local mums have raised �700 for a local charity that seeks to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities. Accuro is based in Harlow, but offers a Saturday Club at Dame Bradbury School in Saffron Walden for children up to 13 years old, an
TWO local mums have raised �700 for a local charity that seeks to improve the quality of life for people with disabilities.
Accuro is based in Harlow, but offers a Saturday Club at Dame Bradbury School in Saffron Walden for children up to 13 years old, and runs a youth group one evening a week in both Saffron Walden and Dunmow. The groups are for young people with special needs.
Kelly Rutherford and Cllr Julie Redfern got together to organise a series of coffee mornings at their homes to raise money for the charity.
Between them the pair have six children, all of them healthy young people.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Redfern said: "It was when talking to our friend about what her son gets out the Accuro Saturday Club we realised what this group does for so many families in the area.
"Its easy to take your own family life for granted but when you have friends who need these kind of facilities you begin to realise how lucky you are.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
"These groups offer a real service to so many families and I think they are often forgotten or unknown to the rest of us."
Accuro is desperately short of funds and need help.
Mrs Rutherford said: "I'm not sure how many people have even heard of Accuro, never mind know what they do.
"Julie and I were pleased to be able to do something to help and hand over a cheque. Unfortunately the truth is this is just a small contribution, these groups need more help. Anything people can give or raise would be greatly appreciated."
If you can help in any way contact Accuro on 01371 878008.