Farewell to Ram, his shop in Saffron Walden had a corner in people’s hearts
- Credit: Archant
Town says farewell to Ramsarran Mohabir, proprietor of East Street Stores.
Today, a town says farewell to Ramsarran Mohabir, the proprietor of East Street Stores.
He died aged 70 of cancer on Sunday, May 17.
This is the day of the funeral of the shopkeeper and former postmaster, affectionately known as Ram, who died of cancer aged 70, on Sunday, May 17.
After running the shop with his wife, Gita for 34 years, he passed away peacefully at home with Gita at his side.
You may also want to watch:
The cortege route is planned to leave Shire Hill at 9.20am, turn right down Thaxted Road into East Street and then left to the War Memorial before proceeding to Great Chesterford Crematorium.
Gita said: “Ram saw himself as a friend to his customers rather than a businessman. He was part of the fixtures and fittings of Saffron Walden.”
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 4 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 5 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 6 Town council backs new support club
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Greater Anglia temporarily reduces train services due to pandemic
Instead of flowers, the family have asked for donations, if desired, to Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust or St Clare hospice and sent care of Peasgood and Skeates Funeral Directors, Shire Hill or via Ram’s In Memory Profile page at www.peasgoodandskeates.co.uk