Future of Essex PCSOs delayed until new year
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police will defer final decisions on the futures of 190 PCSOs in the force until early in 2016 following announcements in the Autumn Statement last week.
The decison has been taken in view of the Chancellor’s spending review and the impending Government announcement, scheduled for December 18, of revised funding settlements for individual forces.
The force said in October that the number of PCSOs in the county would be reduced from 250 to 60 in the face of £63 million budget cuts, but these proposals will now be deferred until January in order for relevant information to be reviewed.
Essex Police said that affected employees were informed of the deferment by letter after consultation with Unison.