GALLERY: Flooding in Stansted and Elsenham
- Credit: Archant
Parts of Stansted Mountfitchet have also been hit hard by flooding this morning (Friday).
Lower Street is underwater and there have been reports of cars getting stuck in and around the village.
Sarah Calder tweeted: “Poor shops and businesses in Lower Street, Stansted – never seen flooding like it!”
There is also severe flooding in neighbouring Elsenham – including the rail station.
Roads between Takeley, Hatfield Heath, Hatfield Broad Oak and Stansted Airport are also heavily flooded in lower areas.
You may also want to watch:
• If you know of other parts of Uttlesford that have been flooded or have any pictures, e-mail us at email@example.com or Tweet us using the handle @swreporter24
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 3 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 4 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 5 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 6 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 7 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 8 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays