GALLERY: Flooding in Stansted and Elsenham
- Credit: Archant
Parts of Stansted Mountfitchet have also been hit hard by flooding this morning (Friday).
Lower Street is underwater and there have been reports of cars getting stuck in and around the village.
Sarah Calder tweeted: “Poor shops and businesses in Lower Street, Stansted – never seen flooding like it!”
There is also severe flooding in neighbouring Elsenham – including the rail station.
Roads between Takeley, Hatfield Heath, Hatfield Broad Oak and Stansted Airport are also heavily flooded in lower areas.
You may also want to watch:
• If you know of other parts of Uttlesford that have been flooded or have any pictures, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Tweet us using the handle @swreporter24
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 9 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 10 County council promises arts boost for Essex