Gallery: French market hailed great success
A FRENCH Market held on the Common proved to be a tremendous success and helped to boost trade in the town, according to Saffron Walden s town clerk. The market was held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and, apart from the heavy rain on the first day, was a
A FRENCH Market held on the Common proved to be a tremendous success and helped to boost trade in the town, according to Saffron Walden's town clerk.
The market was held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and, apart from the heavy rain on the first day, was a big hit.
Tow clerk Malcolm White said: "The traders were delighted by the amount of business there was, even though it had rained heavily on the first day of the market.
"It certainly boosted the trade and the number of people in the town. The market offered something totally different from the normal.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Philippe Basset said: "The French market was a lovely weekend, which saw a lot of business. The people from Saffron Walden were really nice, and all the traders were made very welcome by the people of the town."
The market has already been booked in to return to Saffron Walden for the same weekend next year.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire