Gallery: French market hailed great success
A FRENCH Market held on the Common proved to be a tremendous success and helped to boost trade in the town, according to Saffron Walden s town clerk. The market was held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and, apart from the heavy rain on the first day, was a
A FRENCH Market held on the Common proved to be a tremendous success and helped to boost trade in the town, according to Saffron Walden's town clerk.
The market was held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and, apart from the heavy rain on the first day, was a big hit.
Tow clerk Malcolm White said: "The traders were delighted by the amount of business there was, even though it had rained heavily on the first day of the market.
"It certainly boosted the trade and the number of people in the town. The market offered something totally different from the normal.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Philippe Basset said: "The French market was a lovely weekend, which saw a lot of business. The people from Saffron Walden were really nice, and all the traders were made very welcome by the people of the town."
The market has already been booked in to return to Saffron Walden for the same weekend next year.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 8 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending