Gallery: French market hailed great success
A FRENCH Market held on the Common proved to be a tremendous success and helped to boost trade in the town, according to Saffron Walden s town clerk. The market was held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and, apart from the heavy rain on the first day, was a
A FRENCH Market held on the Common proved to be a tremendous success and helped to boost trade in the town, according to Saffron Walden's town clerk.
The market was held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and, apart from the heavy rain on the first day, was a big hit.
Tow clerk Malcolm White said: "The traders were delighted by the amount of business there was, even though it had rained heavily on the first day of the market.
"It certainly boosted the trade and the number of people in the town. The market offered something totally different from the normal.
You may also want to watch:
Organiser Philippe Basset said: "The French market was a lovely weekend, which saw a lot of business. The people from Saffron Walden were really nice, and all the traders were made very welcome by the people of the town."
The market has already been booked in to return to Saffron Walden for the same weekend next year.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 9 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays