Gallery: French market hailed great success
A FRENCH Market held on the Common proved to be a tremendous success and helped to boost trade in the town, according to Saffron Walden s town clerk. The market was held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and, apart from the heavy rain on the first day, was a
A FRENCH Market held on the Common proved to be a tremendous success and helped to boost trade in the town, according to Saffron Walden's town clerk.
The market was held on Friday, Saturday and Sunday and, apart from the heavy rain on the first day, was a big hit.
Tow clerk Malcolm White said: "The traders were delighted by the amount of business there was, even though it had rained heavily on the first day of the market.
"It certainly boosted the trade and the number of people in the town. The market offered something totally different from the normal.
Organiser Philippe Basset said: "The French market was a lovely weekend, which saw a lot of business. The people from Saffron Walden were really nice, and all the traders were made very welcome by the people of the town."
The market has already been booked in to return to Saffron Walden for the same weekend next year.
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 4 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 5 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 6 Q&A: Alan Hawkes of Rotary in Saffron Walden
- 7 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 8 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 9 Astronomy: What to look for in the Essex sky in December
- 10 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation