Gallery: Jagger and Watts thrill High Barn
A RAUCOUS evening of blues and boogie woogie lit up High Barn, in Great Bardfield, on Wednesday night. On stage were two of the most famous rock and roll names of the past five decades – Watts and Jagger. Charlie Watts, drummer for the Rolling Stones, was pe
A RAUCOUS evening of blues and boogie woogie lit up High Barn, in Great Bardfield, on Wednesday night.
On stage were two of the most famous rock and roll names of the past five decades - Watts and Jagger.
Charlie Watts, drummer for the Rolling Stones, was performing alongside Chris Jagger, brother of Mick, for a one night special in front of a packed crowd.
High Barn spokesman Wendy Meldrum said: "It was amazing to have such incredible names and talent here at High Barn. The crowd seemed to absolutely love it. We have a few more big acts lined up - so watch this space."
You may also want to watch:
The audience were left begging for more after a two hour concert filled the medieval converted barn on Braintree Road with sounds of pianos, deep bass, bright percussion, guitar and some incredible saxophone playing.
Joining Jagger and Watts on stage were two legendary boogie and blues pianists, Axel Zwingenberger and Ben Waters.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 4 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 5 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 6 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 7 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 8 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
Tickets sold out within one day of the gig being announced.
For more information on High Barn and to buy tickets for a host of incredible up and coming gigs visit www.high-barn.com.