Gallery: Jagger and Watts thrill High Barn
A RAUCOUS evening of blues and boogie woogie lit up High Barn, in Great Bardfield, on Wednesday night. On stage were two of the most famous rock and roll names of the past five decades – Watts and Jagger. Charlie Watts, drummer for the Rolling Stones, was pe
A RAUCOUS evening of blues and boogie woogie lit up High Barn, in Great Bardfield, on Wednesday night.
On stage were two of the most famous rock and roll names of the past five decades - Watts and Jagger.
Charlie Watts, drummer for the Rolling Stones, was performing alongside Chris Jagger, brother of Mick, for a one night special in front of a packed crowd.
High Barn spokesman Wendy Meldrum said: "It was amazing to have such incredible names and talent here at High Barn. The crowd seemed to absolutely love it. We have a few more big acts lined up - so watch this space."
You may also want to watch:
The audience were left begging for more after a two hour concert filled the medieval converted barn on Braintree Road with sounds of pianos, deep bass, bright percussion, guitar and some incredible saxophone playing.
Joining Jagger and Watts on stage were two legendary boogie and blues pianists, Axel Zwingenberger and Ben Waters.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 8 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 9 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 10 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
Tickets sold out within one day of the gig being announced.
For more information on High Barn and to buy tickets for a host of incredible up and coming gigs visit www.high-barn.com.