Gallery: Local faces chosen to front the salon campaign
THE WINNER of a recent modelling competition run by the salon hair group hopes her success will be the first step towards achieving her dream career. Emily Wilson, 14, from Great Dunmow, came first in the Face of the salon competition 2009, run by the sa
THE WINNER of a recent modelling competition run by the salon hair group hopes her success will be the first step towards achieving her dream career.
Emily Wilson, 14, from Great Dunmow, came first in the Face of the salon competition 2009, run by the salon hairdressers in Saffron Walden n conjunction with the Saffron Walden Reporter. She was completely stunned by the result and afterwards revealed that her ambition is to become a model.
She added: "My Dad showed me the competition in the paper and my Mum helped me to pick a picture. I've always wanted to be a model but I never expected to become a finalist let along the winner."
Before the finals day Emily, who attends Helena Romanes school in Great Dunmow, had her hair styled at the salon in Saffron Walden and on the day of the final joined the other finalists for a photoshoot.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I loved having my hair and make-up done by professionals and can't wait to enjoy more of the same. It was a brilliant experience."
Oliver Eastwell, who runs the salon and was among the judges, loved the length and natural volume in Emily's hair.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
He added: "Emily's hair is stunning and it is very versatile in terms of the number of looks we can create."
Runner-up, Louise Watts, 19 from Stansted, was also thrilled by the result. Her Mum entered the competition for her because some years ago she did some modelling work.
Louise said: "I was really pleased when my Mum told me she had entered me in the competition and I am pleased that I will be able to get some more experience modelling for the salon group."
With over 50 entries, selecting 12 finalists was a tough job and all the judges praised the high standard of entries. All finalists received goody bags filled with hair products, beauty offers and samples from the rooms beauty spa in Stotfold as well as gifts from GL-14 health club and Doughty's Brasserie, which hosted the finals.
Emily can also look forward to 12 months free hairdressing, while Louise will enjoy the same prize for a six month period. Both will now take part in photoshoots to promote the salon.
For more information, please contact Clair Orton PR on 01394 380494.