Gallery: Mole Hall chimps get celebrity welcome at new home
MOLE Hall Wildlife Park s chimps Joey and Tubman have only been in their new Welsh home for a week, but they have already made some famous friends. Gavin and Stacey s James Corden and Sheridan Smith from Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps are both
MOLE Hall Wildlife Park's chimps Joey and Tubman have only been in their new Welsh home for a week, but they have already made some famous friends.
Gavin and Stacey's James Corden and Sheridan Smith from Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps are both patrons of the Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary - Joey and Tubman's new home.
The chimps arrived at their Swansea home last Wednesday and caused quite a stir with the sanctuary's famous patrons who paid a special visit to the pair.
Jan Garen from the sanctuary said: "Joey and Tubman have settled in really well to their new home and they have already had a lot of visitors including James and Sheridan.
You may also want to watch:
"The chimps are near to the other animals and they watch with interest everything that is going on. They are eating well and they had boiled eggs the other day which I don't think they have eaten before - they seemed to enjoy them though!"
The elderly chimps were made homeless when the owner of Mole Hall in Widdington was diagnosed with cancer and decided to close the park. There was speculation that the chimps would move to Spain until a new home was found for them in South Wales.
- 1 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 2 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 3 Contractors arrive for £1.25m sports facility works
- 4 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 5 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 6 Greens and Lib Dems disassociate themselves from investment decision
- 7 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 8 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 9 Saffron Striders celebrate achievements in challenging season
- 10 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
Animal lovers James Corden and Sheridan Smith were so impressed when they visited the Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary that they agreed to become its patrons.
For more information about Joey and Tubman's new home visit the sanctuary's website at www.cefn-yr-erw.co.uk or call them on 01639 730276.