GALLERY: Residents enjoy snowy Saffron Walden and Thaxted
- Credit: Melina Eastwood
Residents of all ages have enjoyed snowy landscapes in Saffron Walden and Thaxted.
Despite weather warnings against travel, there was good fun to be had locally.
Emilia Eastwood made her first-ever snowman in her back garden in Saffron Walden.
Parents Andy and Mel Eastwood said: "She was a very happy little girl and loved playing in the snow."
Little Maya also made her first snowman in Saffron Walden, under the proud eyes of her dad, Chris.
Snow angels have been very popular this week - Chloe Chapman, 10, made some in Walden whilst Persephone created one in Thaxted.
Matilda celebrated snowy Bridge End Gardens by doing a cartwheel.
Nicole and Shiona Morse caught children's snow enthusiasm on camera in Saffron Walden.
- 1 Stage times for Simple Minds' Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 2 Items worth three-figure sum 'stolen' from Holland and Barrett
- 3 Sir Tom Jones stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 4 Have your say on plan to build 233 homes in Saffron Walden
- 5 Saffron Walden Community Shed saves the day for charities in need
- 6 Uttlesford District Council to take part in energy rebate scheme
- 7 Elbow stage times for Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens
- 8 Alice in Wonderland cast announced for Bridge End Gardens performances in Saffron Walden
- 9 No Stansted Express trains for five days in August
- 10 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
Rachel Hill shared a close perspective of snowflakes' beauty straight from her garden.