GALLERY: Residents enjoy snowy Saffron Walden and Thaxted
- Credit: Melina Eastwood
Residents of all ages have enjoyed snowy landscapes in Saffron Walden and Thaxted.
Despite weather warnings against travel, there was good fun to be had locally.
Emilia Eastwood made her first-ever snowman in her back garden in Saffron Walden.
Parents Andy and Mel Eastwood said: "She was a very happy little girl and loved playing in the snow."
Little Maya also made her first snowman in Saffron Walden, under the proud eyes of her dad, Chris.
Snow angels have been very popular this week - Chloe Chapman, 10, made some in Walden whilst Persephone created one in Thaxted.
You may also want to watch:
Matilda celebrated snowy Bridge End Gardens by doing a cartwheel.
Nicole and Shiona Morse caught children's snow enthusiasm on camera in Saffron Walden.
- 1 Quakers ask district council to reverse decision as investment row continues
- 2 District council is not investing in arms trade, say councillors
- 3 Gordon's 'fiver for a jab' fundraiser for NHS
- 4 Essex county council deputy says he will stand for top job
- 5 Robbers leave with hundreds of pounds after threatening business staff
- 6 Stroke at 27 - now teacher is giving something back
- 7 Essex recruiting on-call firefighters
- 8 Long recycling centre queues into the road 'nearly cause accident'
- 9 Free vegetarian meal service launched
- 10 Covid jab success in North Uttlesford
Rachel Hill shared a close perspective of snowflakes' beauty straight from her garden.