Gallery: Russell Brand escorted from Katherine Jenkins' Last Night of the Audley End Proms concert
CONTROVERSIAL comedian Russell Brand was mobbed by fans when he attended Katherine Jenkins performance at the Last Night of the Audley End Proms on Sunday. The star, who is famous for his outrageous comedy routines and Hollywood films, needed a police es
CONTROVERSIAL comedian Russell Brand was mobbed by fans when he attended Katherine Jenkins' performance at the Last Night of the Audley End Proms on Sunday.
The star, who is famous for his outrageous comedy routines and Hollywood films, needed a police escort to help him leave the arena.
Arriving at the concert in Audley End House and Gardens, Saffron Walden, just before the opera star was due on stage, Russell Brand was deluged with requests for pictures and autographs from the crowd.
The comedian had to approach local police officers at the event to ask them for assistance in leaving the venue.
Insp Kevin Wakefield from Saffron Walden Police Station said: "He asked officers for assistance and they escorted him to his car. There was no indication that his behaviour was anything other than appropriate."
The comedian did not stay at venue for long and is believed to have become annoyed by people repeatedly asking him for pictures.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Government accused of 'grotesque waste of taxpayers' money' after Stansted flight
- 3 New vehicles to catch Essex's criminals on the county's fast roads
- 4 Creamfields South Chelmsford 2022 line-up announced for Hylands Park
- 5 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 6 Uttlesford District Council row over £4m 'black hole'
- 7 Miss Disco's Valentine's date with fans at Saffron Walden's football club
- 8 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 9 Celebrating 20th anniversary of Harry Potter at Saffron Screen
- 10 Walden's Wizard of Oz snowflake trail winner is crowned
Russell Brand shot to fame after presenting Big Brother's Big Mouth and later went on to record his own show on Radio Two and star in films such as St Trinian's, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Bedtime Stories. He released a best-selling autobiography called My Booky Wook.
Brand's reputation was damaged when he made a prank phone call to Faulty Towers actor Anthony Sachs during an interview with Jonathan Ross. The comedian quit his show because of the scandal.