Gallery: Russell Brand escorted from Katherine Jenkins' Last Night of the Audley End Proms concert
CONTROVERSIAL comedian Russell Brand was mobbed by fans when he attended Katherine Jenkins performance at the Last Night of the Audley End Proms on Sunday. The star, who is famous for his outrageous comedy routines and Hollywood films, needed a police es
CONTROVERSIAL comedian Russell Brand was mobbed by fans when he attended Katherine Jenkins' performance at the Last Night of the Audley End Proms on Sunday.
The star, who is famous for his outrageous comedy routines and Hollywood films, needed a police escort to help him leave the arena.
Arriving at the concert in Audley End House and Gardens, Saffron Walden, just before the opera star was due on stage, Russell Brand was deluged with requests for pictures and autographs from the crowd.
The comedian had to approach local police officers at the event to ask them for assistance in leaving the venue.
You may also want to watch:
Insp Kevin Wakefield from Saffron Walden Police Station said: "He asked officers for assistance and they escorted him to his car. There was no indication that his behaviour was anything other than appropriate."
The comedian did not stay at venue for long and is believed to have become annoyed by people repeatedly asking him for pictures.
- 1 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 Guitar once owned by Pink Floyd's Syd Barrett to be sold at Cambridge auction
- 8 Thaxted - Carver Scout Group visit an Apache helicopter
- 9 County council commits to better deal for care workers
- 10 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
Russell Brand shot to fame after presenting Big Brother's Big Mouth and later went on to record his own show on Radio Two and star in films such as St Trinian's, Forgetting Sarah Marshall and Bedtime Stories. He released a best-selling autobiography called My Booky Wook.
Brand's reputation was damaged when he made a prank phone call to Faulty Towers actor Anthony Sachs during an interview with Jonathan Ross. The comedian quit his show because of the scandal.